Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

2014 Hardhead Classic Leaderboard Update

3K views 41 replies 8 participants last post by  sj 
#1 ·
Saltyviens is the first person to hit the leader board. Everyone else better watch out he is out to a quick lead.

You can see the leader board at http://thenextage.com/hardhead/index.php/leader-board

I will have to confer with the rest of the committee on Salty's Gaftop submission, unless he can prove he was wearing those sandles (by wearing them to the fish fry) we may have to disqualify his entry. I think he may have had his daughter helping him. [rofl]

#2 ·
I plan on catching up Tuesday night.Have to go solo tho,my help will be on her way to Chicago to visit her big sis......told her that was her punishment for wanting to cheat,had to spend a week in Chicago!!![biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]...

#5 ·
Leaderboard (http://thenextage.com/hardhead/index.php/leader-board) has been updated, Donk took over the lead, Moving Salty to second place. The competition is heating up!

Team Hardhead will be hitting the water this weekend and showing everyone how it is really done!

Note: Donk tried to claim 16" for his hardhead, but wasn't willing to take a barb to get a good measurement so he only gets credit for 15 1/2". You got to be willing to suffer a little for your craft Donk!

Donk also posted a photo for the Ugliest Fish competition, lets gets some more entries in those categories.

Remember anyone can vote on the ugliest and purdiest fish photos, you don't not have to be a competitor.

#8 ·
OK...be that way[tongue]...that was just a teaser pic anyway[wink]....i am currently refining my technique and steadily moving up the size range...i'll toss ya small bone here(it would just look bad for me to walk off and smoke everyone else)....some of the biggest hardheads i'm catching is when i'm rigged up fer flounders,you(pete) have blanked in the area recently...i'm guessing you did'nt have the patience that day to finess fish for a trophy hardhead[rofl]

#7 ·
He posted it in a previous thread TM so i'll paste and copy for ya....

If you guys want to mail entries my address is

Pete Halsted
10477 Shorecrest Rd.
Biloxi, MS 39532

I have been playing with some stuff for an upcoming project, so I might do a quick voting site to test out a few ideas. But I will look into the poll option on here also.

#13 ·
Do i get a prize for winning at haf-time???...[cool][cool][cool]...trny half over, if you been laying back better turn it on, i plan on hitting it hard next week, gonna put in at least 2 days and nights...the moon will be just right for hardheads by wed and thur next week[thumbup][thumbup][thumbup]

#17 ·
We said the month of July but since this is the first one and we pretty much making up the rules as we go along i would have no problem letting the 3rd be the last day,give everybody one more weekend to try and get some posted...i dont think our mentor capt. hardhead pete has had alot of fishing time anyway. What say yall?

Although that hardhead of floundas is gonna be hard to beat....and why aint he posted in ugliest fish flounda....shoe-in IMHO.....[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

#19 ·
[rofl][rofl][rofl]...i was just thinking how everything on the list has gotten 'elusive' since we started.....and like pete pointed out i even had the flounder ruin the hardhead bite one night a couple days before the tournament started....a prelude to my hardhead quest during this thing,one day one the drive on pier not the FIRST hardhead or gafftopp just white trout and redfish....just dont make no sense[confused][confused]

#23 ·
It has been a real challenge for me. This month a hard head would have to crawl up the back yard come in and knock me off the computer so that I could catch him. Launching new services, etc. has definitely had me jumping with the business lately.

#25 ·
Well i aint waiting to see if it will get extended,i'm gonna hit it hard one more time tomorrow night and i'm taking backup, the entire donk clan, donk jr. and lil'donk...they wanted one more late nighter before they start back to school...probably start at palace drive on so if your around stop and holler at us,going to try and get there around 6 or 7 and be in an ugly green ford ranger extended cab.

#26 ·
Leaderboard has been updated.

http://thenextage.com/hardhead/index.php/leader-board

We are all bottled up in a tight race that will go down to the wire. Man it feels like Game 7 of the world series.

Note: Tournament extended to allow one last weekend of fishing, the official end time for the tournament will be Sunday Night August 3rd at 11:59PM. With the points race all bottled up it should be an interesting weekend!

#34 ·
I believe reading the crazy tie breaker rules (who wrote this stuff anyway!) Flounda wins the tie breakers.

I think I am going to be on the DL with this ear infection, its gotten bad enough today that I can't walk straight, or that might be the pain pills and makers that I am treating it with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.