Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
This is from opening day in south Florida. Delayed double with a friend. I totally need to post more picks this year and contribute. I Love this forum and respect all the turkey nuts on here haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
This is from opening day in south Florida. Delayed double with a friend. I totally need to post more picks this year and contribute. I Love this forum and respect all the turkey nuts on here haha.

Is that dude on the left "gobfather" on instagram

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
opening day. public land. had to fight a few arkies for this one.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
My daughter has been chasing them hard for a couple years now. She has had many opportunities, and a couple of misses over this time. She missed again Saturday morning. 3 Longbeards came in pretty quick at first light, and the rush kind of panicked her I think. She was pretty devastated by it. I think she was ready for a rally bird yesterday afternoon. Called up 3 jakes and she said she wanted to bust one. She has always passed on jakes the last 2 years. But she smelled blood, so she rolled one at 15 yards. She was greatly relieved when she saw him flop.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Fellow forum member jcrob makes a mean mouth call! Crooked Letter calls. Got a couple last week and really liked em. Flock of 7 hens came trotting in to me and this boy finally snuck in 120 degrees to my left, half-strutting, about 10 minutes later.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
#2 public. 7.25" beard 1" both spurs 19.5lbs

Attachments

·
Registered
627 Posts
Pretty quit morning with little gobbling but this gobblers hens did him in. Worked on calling to them for a while and the flock finally moved my way. I was really proud of this one after missing what should have been an easy kill a couple days ago.

Redemption sure feels good!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts