Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the following ammo if anyone has any for sale.
35 Whelen 200 gr Superformance
300 Win Mag 165 gr Barnes VorTx.

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
I know where some Barnes 168's are available on backorder, but you're probably not going to like it. $$$$

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Been looking for the Barnes 165’s for a while. Surely Barnes/Sierra will run some seasonal lots of it this summer. I have a box and a half but would feel better with four boxes. The 180’s were available recently but now gone.

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
Yea, I'm also looking for Barnes VorTx in other calibers and it's made of unobtaneum these days. I found one place selling some .260Rem but they want $67 plus shipping for it.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I'll be surprised if Sierra runs any Barnes loaded ammo any time soon.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
If that is the case I will be looking for another favorite. Anybody got a suggestion for something 300WM loaded with 165 gr?

·
Administrator
8,598 Posts
More and more retailers are pulling ammo from their online sales in favor of local in store sales.

I would suggest looking at every pawn shop and hardware store around you on a weekly basis. I wouldn't expect any supply changes for a while.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
Barnes 308 is available on line in 150 & 168 grain as well as 7RM in 140 grain. All of these just hit inventories. I am assuming that there is some production going on. I actually shoot the 168 grain 308 but have all I need. Hoping that the 165 grain 300WM and 160 grain 7RM hit the market soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts