Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please list any retailers or websites that you have encountered price gouging on ammo and try to list the offense (price, type of ammo, etc.). Below is a list of sellers/retailers, that have been accused of price gouging ammo:

THE WALL OF SHAME-

1, Ableammo.com (9mm for $40/box)
2. Cheaperthandirt.com (grossly ovverpriced 22 and 223 ammo)
3. ************ (removed)
4. Surplusammo.com (pending)
5, Seagos Pawn, Foxworth, MS (22 LR. 550 rounds $99.00)
6. Gold N Gun, Grenada MS (Pmags over $40 each)
7. Garys Pawn and Gun, West Point, MS (550 round .22 for $49.99)
8. Delta Outfitters, Vicksburg, MS ($20 for 50 rounds CCI 22)
9. Davenport's Guns,Inc., Magee, MS (22lr loose in a plastic zip lock bag,100 rds for $50.00, bricks of Winchester when he had them for $80.00)
10. North Mississippi Gun Traders on FB (outrageous pricing allowed and they ban members for speaking out against it)
11. Charleys "D&B" Pawn Shop, West Point, MS ($25 for a 100 rounds of .22 cci mini mags)
12. Natchez Shooter Supply (kept prices reasonable, but when you order they more than TRIPLE the shipping cost, effectively DOUBLING the price of ammo)
13. Garrett's in Meridian MS (500 rounds $75.99)
14. Southern Pawn, Brookhaven, MS (22lr brick $110)

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Post 'em up folks and I'll try to update the list as much as possible. I'll look through older posts and see what I can find. We need to give these guys some publicity. Feel free to share on other sites too. Hopefully, it will help curb some of this ridiculousness. [glare] [shootin]

·
Registered
853 Posts
You can remove Pending from Cheaper Than Dirt. They have been ridiculous on their ammo and mags since December. $90 for a 30rd Magpul P-mag (normally $12-15) comes to mind. They were also selling Federal Lake City 223 for right at $1 a round a few months back.

·
Registered
431 Posts
byrddog said:
Delta Outfitters $20 for 50 rounds
Just asking 'cuz I don't know, and yes I think price gougers should be boycotted (or whipped and flayed). But I wonder if some of these smaller outfitters are having to pay more to get the ammo in. Finding smaller distributers with limited quantities that have jacked up their prices, having to outbid other firms just to be able to keep some ammo in stock.

So Wal-Acad-Pro didn't raise their prices. But they don't have any in stock. If they really wanted to have some in stock, would they have to pay out the nose to get a few boxes, and then have to pass the price along?

I would guess that some of these businesses are gouging for everything they can get, but wonder if some aren't getting gouged themselves and doing what they can to keep some ammo in stock for the customers.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
hillcityflyboy said:
So Wal-Acad-Pro didn't raise their prices. But they don't have any in stock. If they really wanted to have some in stock, would they have to pay out the nose to get a few boxes, and then have to pass the price along?
No. I just bought a box of Monarch .223 steel case fmj for 5.99 @ Academy just last week and they had several boxes. Walmart is also getting some .223 in also but they sell out pretty quickly. The only ammo that I haven't seen at either store for quite some time is 22lr. I've asked at both places and they say they're getting a little here and there but it sells as soon as they shelve it.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
mr drysdale said:
Purchased two "325" packs today at Wal Mart. $14.99 per pack. Lady said "You can buy three". I said I didn't need three but "Thanks".
THANK YOU!!! [thumbup] That's the same thing I do. I refuse to act like a child and be a part of the problem. [glare]

Keep 'em coming folks!!!

·
Registered
721 Posts
mr drysdale said:
Purchased two "325" packs today at Wal Mart. $14.99 per pack. Lady said "You can buy three". I said I didn't need three but "Thanks".
This is great list, keep it going. Oxford had 38's 357's and 45's a few days ago and also had two ar's. Had a few 22 shorts but still no lr's. Wish we could post the guys in ponotoc wally world who are there at 6:30am every morning buying them out of 22's and the other ones too. I got a bet with a friend that by July 4th it will be 22's back on the shelves, wish me luck.

·
Registered
126 Posts
On a bright note I saw where Mississippi Auto Arms will have federal 22 lr auto mach-325 round count in stock for $19.99, yes there are some good people still out there. He said he had a pallet coming.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.