Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
crawfish said:
On a bright note I saw where Mississippi Auto Arms will have federal 22 lr auto mach-325 round count in stock for $19.99, yes there are some good people still out there. He said he had a pallet coming.
Good deal. I guess I need to do a Wall of Fame, to be fair. [biggrin] I just bought a couple of boxes for $17.99, but not from there. I'll have to check with them anyway and see if my P22 clips came in.

·
Registered
687 Posts
plus one on MS Auto Arms. He had some Magpul furniture in there,, same price as on the magpul website. some even cheaper.

Shout out to the outlaw in greenwood,, they had some pmags on the wall for $18. last time I was in there.

·
Premium Member
4,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I removed Hunter's Hollow from the list after being contacted by the owner. The picture I was basing the accusation from was for a box of .22 shotshells, NOT .22LR (50rd). So, as I promised, they were removed from the list and I apologize for the misunderstanding. Hunter's Hollow in Oxford are on the up and up and will be added to the "WALL OF FAME" when implemented. Good on ya and sorry for the misunderstanding! [thumbup]

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
mrgoodtime said:
Tap, add North Mississippi Gun Traders FB page, them fools are crazy on most ammo prices, and they ban you if you call someone out about gougeing.
+1 on that, those idiots get mad if you call someone out for selling a brick for $50, I cant figure it out, craziest thing I have ever seen.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I'd like to see some proof for your #7 Gary's Gun and Pawn in West Point. What brand of .22? Fifty bucks a brick is a fair price for some of the low end target bricks. I paid 35 bucks for a brick at Gary's when I purchased a pistol about a month ago. I go there weekly and haven't seen what I consider gouging. Slightly higher prices compared to Wallyworld YES but not gouging. No i don't work there.

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
I'd like to add Charleys "D&B" Pawn Shop in West Point to the list. $25 for a 100 rounds of .22 cci mini mags. Normally $10

I'd also like to add that North East MS Gun Trader will delete your post and ban you for speaking up against price gouging on guns and ammo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Please list any retailers or websites that you have encountered price gouging on ammo and try to list the offense (price, type of ammo, etc.). Below is a list of sellers/retailers, that have been accused of price gouging ammo:

THE WALL OF SHAME-

1, Ableammo.com (9mm for $40/box)
2. Cheaperthandirt.com (grossly overpriced 22 and 223 ammo)
3. ************ (removed)
4. Surplusammo.com (pending)
5, Seagos Pawn, Foxworth, MS (22 LR. 550 rounds $99.00)
6. Gold N Gun, Grenada MS (Pmags over $40 each)
7. Garys Pawn and Gun, West Point, MS (550 round .22 for $49.99)
8. Delta Outfitters, Vicksburg, MS ($20 for 50 rounds CCI 22)
9. Davenport's Guns,Inc., Magee, MS (22lr loose in a plastic zip lock bag,100 rds for $50.00, bricks of Winchester when he had them for $80.00)
10. North Mississippi Gun Traders on FB (outrageous pricing allowed and they ban members for speaking out against it)
11. Charleys "D&B" Pawn Shop, West Point, MS ($25 for a 100 rounds of .22 cci mini mags)
12. Natchez Shooter Supply (kept prices reasonable, but when you order they more than TRIPLE the shipping cost, effectively DOUBLING the price of ammo)
Garrett's in Meridian MS (500 rounds $75.99)

·
Registered
5,472 Posts
Please list any retailers or websites that you have encountered price gouging on ammo and try to list the offense (price, type of ammo, etc.). Below is a list of sellers/retailers, that have been accused of price gouging ammo:

THE WALL OF SHAME-

1, Ableammo.com (9mm for $40/box)
2. Cheaperthandirt.com (grossly ovverpriced 22 and 223 ammo)
3. ************ (removed)
4. Surplusammo.com (pending)
5, Seagos Pawn, Foxworth, MS (22 LR. 550 rounds $99.00)
6. Gold N Gun, Grenada MS (Pmags over $40 each)
7. Garys Pawn and Gun, West Point, MS (550 round .22 for $49.99)
8. Delta Outfitters, Vicksburg, MS ($20 for 50 rounds CCI 22)
9. Davenport's Guns,Inc., Magee, MS (22lr loose in a plastic zip lock bag,100 rds for $50.00, bricks of Winchester when he had them for $80.00)
10. North Mississippi Gun Traders on FB (outrageous pricing allowed and they ban members for speaking out against it)
11. Charleys "D&B" Pawn Shop, West Point, MS ($25 for a 100 rounds of .22 cci mini mags)
12. Natchez Shooter Supply (kept prices reasonable, but when you order they more than TRIPLE the shipping cost, effectively DOUBLING the price of ammo)
13. Garrett's in Meridian MS (500 rounds $75.99)
14. Southern Pawn, Brookhaven, MS (22lr brick $110)
Poor Example
$0.10/rd for 22lr ammo is approximately the going rate unless you want to stand in line for it at 6am at one of the big stores.

What some of you call price gouging, capitalists call Supply & Demand. I wouldn't pay $50/brick for anything other than target ammo (Wolf Match Target, for example...except it's $60+ these days), but I also ain't mad at anyone that's selling something they own for whatever the Free Market will bear.
Go to any of the FB gun trader pages and list CCI MiniMags for $10/100 and folks will be beating down your door to buy them. Raise it to $13 and they're still there. Even at $15 you can pick and choose who to deal with. What kind of business man would sell something 50% cheaper than its Current Open Market value?

Buncha commies in here. [laugh]

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Dads super pawn in Pascagoula did me right. I just bought a gun , gsg 522 and they sold me a 325 round box for 19.95. so bout 6 cents a round. they sell 50 round boxes for 4 bucks. or 8 cents a round and had them in stock.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.