Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of a sudden there is plenty of ammunition. Ammunition I’ve been trying to find for two years is now plentiful as of the last two weeks. Other ammunition that has been hard to find in now easily found and at a decent price. Politics? Election time? Makes you go huh!

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Sounds like when Covid came about new shooters showed up since they couldn’t do anything but stay home. Getting a new President didn’t help either…folks were buying it up left and right in fear of the unknown.
Now you can find it everywhere…and I’ve noticed for the most part it’s at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Yes, it's beginning to show up on shelves, particularly in the last 4 weeks. I made 8-10 calls per week for 18 months checking dealers from Jackson/Meridian to Corinth and Columbus to Oxford trying to find specific factory loads for me and my sons. Occasionally would find a box or two here and there. Now it seems someone left the gate open. Still having trouble finding specific .280s and 7MM-08s.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Some big retailers (like Academy) still have good supplies only in the "popular/common" stuff. Lots of regular 308, .223, etc. Trying to find odd stuff was next to impossible. I finally made a trip over to Van's outside of Brandon and found .35 Whelen Barnes TTSX 180's that I've been waiting on for more than a year.

·
Administrator
8,671 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Yes, it's beginning to show up on shelves, particularly in the last 4 weeks. I made 8-10 calls per week for 18 months checking dealers from Jackson/Meridian to Corinth and Columbus to Oxford trying to find specific factory loads for me and my sons. Occasionally would find a box or two here and there. Now it seems someone left the gate open. Still having trouble finding specific .280s and 7MM-08s.
Down Range in Clinton has some 7mm-08 s as and I saw some on midway USA last week too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts