Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Archery season and the first real primitive weapon season not to be confused with the 10 day doe only season on private only, are the only 2 times in every national Forrest except holly springs that you can kill a doe. So…. Archery , yes . 10 day primitive weapon on private, no. First rifle, no. First primitive weapon on public , yes. Second rifle with dogs , no. Rifle without dogs, no . Rifle with dogs again, no. Final primitive, no. The first primitive weapon on national Forrest land is the only opportunity you’ll have with a rifle to kill a doe , except holly springs. Also… buck of choice does not apply there either . Zone legal requirements

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Go
As an adult, if I’m hunting with a gun (during gun season) on National Forrest land, can I legally shoot an antlerless deer?
Go to seasons and bag limits on the Mdwfp app, and you can verify everything I mentioned . Seasons may be slightly out of order but it’s all in there . Basically , dec 2-15th in most zones is your only rifle opportunity for a doe in the national Forrest with the exception of holly springs .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Go

Go to seasons and bag limits on the Mdwfp app, and you can verify everything I mentioned . Seasons may be slightly out of order but it’s all in there . Basically , dec 2-15th in most zones is your only rifle opportunity for a doe in the national Forrest with the exception of holly springs .
Yeah that's what I was getting at when I said it goes by the state zones...

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts