Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I check several times a day but it show that the drawing not conducted yet. I know they were closed all week last week in Jackson b/c of the weather. I'm sure it put them behind but they need to get a move on with the draws. I need to make plans if I get lucky and snag one or two.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'm certainly going to try to make both of mine. I got Caston Creek and Tallahala. I know Tallahala pretty well. Trapped turkeys and predators for two years there while going to MSU.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Got upper Sardis and cane mount.. any advice on cane mount would be appreciated. Never hunted in that part of the state. Feel free to PM me if you’d be willing to help out.. be willing to help out on some north central public in return

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
My account on MDWFP shows no applications for me this year. I applied for multiple hunts. What does it look like for y’all’s applications? It shows years past, just not this year.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
My account on MDWFP shows no applications for me this year. I applied for multiple hunts. What does it look like for y'all's applications? It shows years past, just not this year.
Your applications will be shown for year '2020'. There's a note about it above the chart showing your results.

Please note that the season below is based on the MDWFP hunting season, not current year.
We are currently in the 2020-2021 Hunting season.

·
Registered
819 Posts
My account on MDWFP shows no applications for me this year. I applied for multiple hunts. What does it look like for y'all's applications? It shows years past, just not this year.
Mine shows all the ones I applied for this year and years past. I was drawn for 3 hunts. Two that I really wanted and one place I've never been. All hunts are consecutive dates. Looks like I will be taking about a week off from work! I was happy that the last two WMA's are located in the same national forest so travel will not be too bad. This is the first year in a long time that I got more than one hunt.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was drawn for John Bell Williams Canal Section. Any advice on a place to stay? Never hunted there before but am looking forward to it.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
I was drawn for John Bell Williams Canal Section. Any advice on a place to stay? Never hunted there before but am looking forward to it.
As you've probably read in the regs, no camping on either of those areas.

You have Whitten Campground right on the waterway, north of Fulton.
Elvis Presley Lake campground is about 20 minutes west of Fulton.
Lake Monroe has camping and is between Amory and Aberdeen.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Thanks, 1988. I was looking for 2021 on the turkey draws. Zero for me this year.

·
Registered
306 Posts
if you get good weather (high barometric pressure) you won't have any problem finding gobbling turkeys at CaneMount.. killed one there years ago and haven't been back

·
Registered
46 Posts
Drew out for Divide Section for 15th/16th. I’ve never hunted that area, anyone have any suggestions of best areas to try?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
New to Turkey hunting, so far I have got several Jakes and Hens to come in on my private land but no Tom. Haven't even heard a Tom. Is there public land in MS that does not require tags. I plan on trying to get tags next year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts