Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody deer hunt around arkabutla lake? Particularly around the Mud Hole or Wheeler Road? Just wondering if you see much around this area or if its a waste of time? Trying to find something closer to Desoto county to hunt.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Depends on where you are talking about. There is some private land around there that has good deer on it. The corps land around there would be good if you could keep the 4 wheeler and motorcycle riders out of there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Guys, Just moved down to MS and new to the area. Looking for some help on in finding some decent areas to hunt. I currently own a a shotgun so am limited to the shotgun areas for now. Can anyone point me into a decent area to hunt? Thanks ahead!

·
Administrator
8,624 Posts
buckshotz03 said:
Hey Guys, Just moved down to MS and new to the area. Looking for some help on in finding some decent areas to hunt. I currently own a a shotgun so am limited to the shotgun areas for now. Can anyone point me into a decent area to hunt? Thanks ahead!
I may be reading this wrong, but you do realize you can hunt any open public land with a shotgun during rifle season, correct? Shotguns are ok in rifle season, just not primitive season.

·
Registered
2 Posts
randywallace said:
I may be reading this wrong, but you do realize you can hunt any open public land with a shotgun during rifle season, correct? Shotguns are ok in rifle season, just not primitive season.
When I called the Army Corps to inquire about Hunting around Arkabutla's Public area I was told I am limited to the Shotgun areas only. However, any other public area, I have read that you can use a shotgun during rifle season, unless specified in that WMA's regulations.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts