Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Bass Fishing East Pearl River

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RageHead 
#1 ·
I have been to the river several times and have not caught a bass. I have read the tides and have thrown everything i could think of. Any tips on what i could be doing wrong? I fished from HWY 90 launch all the way to hwy 90 bridge and nothing.

#4 ·
Sorry dont know anything about East Pearl river.
We Iive close to RossBarnett, in Jackson,but it's one of the best in the State, for bass fishing, Largemouth up to 5-8lbs are common, Spots up to 4lbs are too.
Put in at the spillway an don't even start fishing until you get a couple of miles down river, then it's awesome all the way to the Lakeland Bridge,
Pretty sure some of my tight-lipped buddies are gonna get made, for me sayin this, lol,
Those big Spots hang out on high spots right out in the middle of the river, all we ever use are 6-8foot running crankbaits.
If you want a nice Largemouth, run a buzzbait down a log on the bank, or a Topwater bait like a Spook,
The river needs to be about at the 8-10foot gauge,
Excellent fishing in that river, then. And you hardly ever see a soul, way better than the Rez.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.