Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
One of the owners, and from my understanding the guy that came up with the idea, lives in Madison. They were finalizing everything about this time last year. I don't do the bait pile thing but I understand I am in the minority. Cheap, easy and strategically placed around the state. They should do well.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
One of the owners, and from my understanding the guy that came up with the idea, lives in Madison. .
This is not true. The guy that came up with the idea and runs the company lives in Tallula LA. He works in Vicksburg and grew up in the Jackson MS area. I have known him for 40+ years and seen him on this venture from day one over 4 years ago. He has some investors though and I dont know where they live, maybe Madison.

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is not true. The guy that came up with the idea and runs the company lives in Tallula LA. He works in Vicksburg and grew up in the Jackson MS area. I have known him for 40+ years and seen him on this venture from day one over 4 years ago. He has some investors though and I dont know where they live, maybe Madison.
True. I've known him for close to 10 years and worked with him in Vicksburg. Saw him at the Extravaganza and he had it set up in front of Dennery's. He told me he was just selling the machines.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I think a 5 gallon bucket of corn is more than 25 pounds.
Just a tad more. Corn is 56lb\bu. There's .107bu\gal. So 5x.107=.535bu\5gal bucket, and .535x56=29.96lbs. Either way, at current market prices, it's a heck of a money maker for the owner. How much one them things cost? I'm curious how many 5 gallon buckets it would take to pay one off?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just a tad more. Corn is 56lb\bu. There's .107bu\gal. So 5x.107=.535bu\5gal bucket, and .535x56=29.96lbs. Either way, at current market prices, it's a heck of a money maker for the owner. How much one them things cost? I'm curious how many 5 gallon buckets it would take to pay one off?
5 Gallon bucket of corn weighs 33-34 lb's. depending on moisture. So 50# bag of corn will fill one 5 gallon bucket and almost half of another 5 gallon bucket. And I'm not talking abbout filling the bucket level to the ream. 56# to a bushel of corn.

·
Registered
239 Posts
http://www.vicksburgpost.com/2015/07/26/local-man-develops-corn-vending-machine/

Story says first one sold for $40k in Port Gibson and from November of 14 though July 15 it went through 60k pounds of corn.
As a side note to the above amount sold. I know of a few people myself that purchase 6000# of corn a year but they purchase it directly from the farmers. Would'nt take but 10 people buying 6000# to = what they sold in 8 months.

Those guys with the machines will have to reprogram the cost per pound every year according to market prices to make money or they could lose there rear end.

Right now I'm aware of only 2 machines selling corn 1 in Port Gibson, and 1 at Super Junior on 61 north in Vicksburg.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Wonder if Mr. Deviney is one of those investors[wink] This new legal baiting proposal could really help to recoup that investment.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.