Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What minerals have y’all had the most success with growing more inches of horns during the summer?

I’ve always used trophy rock but it’s almost completely salt.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
I have always used the same mix. One part Di-Cal, one part trace mineral salt and two parts stock salt. This year I sprinkled some Crush brand powder on top of my licks when I freshened them up. I don’t have any idea if it promotes antler growth but the QDMA recommends this mix for various different reasons. I have some licks that have been established for 20+ years that are used regularly. I have others I have tried to establish with no luck. I just found out that I am in a no feed and no mineral site county as of July 1. Beats me how our county, with no positive tests, got placed on this list while a couple of counties away got removed even though they had a positive a couple of years ago. I don’t supplemental feed (food plots only) but do maintain mineral sites. I would be interested in any input on an antler growth mix.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I planted Biologic Spring Protein Pea Plus for my summer food plot. It has Cowpeas, Mung Beans, Sunflower & Grain Sorghum. Deer are eating the Cowpeas and Mung Bean pretty hard. It’s 20-28 % protein so it’s definitely going to help growing more antler.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I use the same as Mr. Drysdale except I use one part Di-Cal, two parts each of trace minerals and stock salt. I put it out twice a year, once in April and again in July. Deer will start hitting the site in early March looking for the minerals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts