Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CVA Scout in 35 Whelen. Shot it Saturday and the forend developed a crack on the bottom. What is the best way to fix or repair? This is the black plastic forend. Crack extends from the edge closest to trigger guard through first screw holding it in place.

·
Registered
814 Posts
I had a H&R in 35 Whelen and I thought it cracked me when I shot it. I finally decided to hand in my man card and let it go. 35 Whelen is a good cartridge but thumps on both ends. I had to run 6 screw tacticle rings or it would slide the scope.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I had a H&R in 35 Whelen and I thought it cracked me when I shot it. I finally decided to hand in my man card and let it go. 35 Whelen is a good cartridge but thumps on both ends. I had to run 6 screw tacticle rings or it would slide the scope.
Yep, especially if your rifle has the crap synthetic stocks. The wooden ones are better. But, still, the 35 Whelen is a thumper in a short barreled rifle. If you choose the Leverevolution ammo it's even more brutal.

However, since I load my own ammo I've been able to tame my 35 Whelen, and now it's my favorite weapon for deer hunting. It's all I use except for the very few times I hunt over open areas. Sometimes I'll even use low-velocity lead loads, which makes it a pleasure to shoot while still devastating to whitetails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.