Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Awesome video man! How do you like that Native?

Santa got me the new Go Pro and I haven't had a chance to even take it out. Do you bring extra batteries with you? I don't know exactly where to place it on the yak yet. Kind of afraid it might get in the way of casting.

Not quite sure, but it looked like you inadvertently caught your buddy taking a leak upon arrival. Haha

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Awesome video man! How do you like that Native?

Santa got me the new Go Pro and I haven't had a chance to even take it out. Do you bring extra batteries with you? I don't know exactly where to place it on the yak yet. Kind of afraid it might get in the way of casting.

Not quite sure, but it looked like you inadvertently caught your buddy taking a leak upon arrival. Haha
The native has been a game changer, been fishing it pretty hard since 2014. Hands free kayak fishing is so different. I would say it doubles the amount of time your lure sees the water on a single trip.

I am still trying to figure out where is best for my camera on the kayak, right now I use my GoPro stuck that is like 2 feet long and I placed it in a rod holder, then I can move the rod holder around to just about anywhere.

I don't bring extra batteries, I keep the GoPro in the nice that lets you gut the top button once and it turns on and starts recording automatically, shortly after landing the fish I turn it off. Over night trips bring a USB battery charger for cellphones, then plug the GoPro into that for a recharge for the next day.

And yes, Jeremy was definitely hurting to take a piss.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The native has been a game changer, been fishing it pretty hard since 2014. Hands free kayak fishing is so different. I would say it doubles the amount of time your lure sees the water on a single trip.

I am still trying to figure out where is best for my camera on the kayak, right now I use my GoPro stuck that is like 2 feet long and I placed it in a rod holder, then I can move the rod holder around to just about anywhere.

I don't bring extra batteries, I keep the GoPro in the nice that lets you gut the top button once and it turns on and starts recording automatically, shortly after landing the fish I turn it off. Over night trips bring a USB battery charger for cellphones, then plug the GoPro into that for a recharge for the next day.

And yes, Jeremy was definitely hurting to take a piss.
Haha, yeah that's kind of what I thought about your buddy. I always bring a big Gatorade bottle with me just in case. Never know when ya gotta go and you can't stand up in front of God knows who!

I have a few accessories that came with it. I'm very unfamiliar with how the GoPros work, but it seems easy enough from the vids I've watched. This one seems to have a voice feature function that should come in handy. I really really don't want it in the way. That's the biggest issue.

Is the editing difficult on the GoPro? Looks like they also have a cloud service available, but it looks like a charged service. Not sure how I feel about that.

Looking forward to seeing some more vids, man! Heck, maybe one day I'll see you out on the water! Do you normally fish in Harrison Co.?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Editing videos can take a long time, its something that you will get quicker at. I've only made a couple but I have dozens of others that aren't complete, they need more footage. It's a pain in the butt collecting footage, but I find that it's getting easier. I don't like to deal with recording catches, I just want to catch. But it's awesome to have those videos later. I mount my camera far enough away that it doesn't get in the way of my casting

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.