Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are some good cellular cameras out there for very little reception? I have been using spypoint for 1 yr. At first it was great, now I get very few pictures. I can walk in front of camera and it will send my picture later at night with also pictures from earlier. Battery is good, also put a 10ft antenna on it. Looking for something that will send pictures from remote area with very little phone service.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
For the money it’s hard to beat the Tactacam Reveal. They are releasing at least one new model in May..maybe two. Whichever cell service works for your area is the one you need regardless of what cell provider you have.

If you are a hardcore deer manager that wants to know how many hairs are on a buck’s sack then get a Reconyx. If you want to know what’s on your property without having to check cams everyday I recommend the Reveal.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks for the help, I will be checking those out, seems like spypoint is just not holding up, or something happened to their network.
Couple of things you can try. First of all those extra antennas don’t work in my experience. So maybe just swap back to regular antenna but the main thing I found is if you have bad reception have it set to send pics every time it takes one not upload them twice a day or whatever. Only other thing to check is it may need an update where you have to take the SD card and camera to a computer and download the latest version.

·
Administrator
8,624 Posts
Thanks for the help, I will be checking those out, seems like spypoint is just not holding up, or something happened to their network.
Spypoint's network has never worked worth a dang for anyone at our camp. We were all constantly adjusting their position and updating the firmware. I am down to 1 SP cam and will get rid of it as soon as the contract expires. We have had good luck with the tactacam reveal cameras. Turn them on and let them run. No constant updates and if you do have a problem, you can call and talk to someone that speaks English rather than on online chat with a foreigner texting from a script.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again guys, I will just let let this spypoint run its course , 3 weeks and it season is over anyway. I am going to try one of those tactacam. Just a bad time to be switching now, even though its only sent one picture in a week.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I took the advice, and got the Tactacam X Reveal. And it is working great, I have it on same food plot as my spypoint. The tactacam out preforms the spypoint all the way around.

·
Administrator
8,624 Posts
Well I took the advice, and got the Tactacam X Reveal. And it is working great, I have it on same food plot as my spypoint. The tactacam out preforms the spypoint all the way around.
We continue to be pleased with the Tactacams. Hopefully, their servers and customer service department can keep up with the huge numbers of additional customers.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Here’s another vote for Spyppint is awful and nearly useless. The cameras may actually take pictures but for me in 2+ years have never consistently sent pictures. I’ve done all the troubleshooting and worked with them to no avail. Throwing in trash as soon as I purchase replacements. They are cheap, but too good to be true as they say.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Here’s another vote for Spyppint is awful and nearly useless. The cameras may actually take pictures but for me in 2+ years have never consistently sent pictures. I’ve done all the troubleshooting and worked with them to no avail. Throwing in trash as soon as I purchase replacements. They are cheap, but too good to be true as they say.
Toss them my way before tossing in the trash can please sir!

Ive had decent luck with spypoint except for battery life and so far I’m pleased with tactacam pics and batteries but hate the wait time to change settings sometimes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts