Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to the form and wanned to know if any one has had a choke made form richeys gun shop in algoma i am having one made and wanted to see if any one else has one i have herd nothing but good about them

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
shaftem said:
new to the form and wanned to know if any one has had a choke made form richeys gun shop in algoma i am having one made and wanted to see if any one else has one i have herd nothing but good about them
Spell Check Brother!

I don't have one, but I think I heard of someone having one on back on the MDWFP Forum, a while back. I have heard plenty of good things about their chokes.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have one of his chokes. I bought a SX2 from a guy last fall and found out that Richey had made the choke in it. Its super tight! I think he usually uses Winchester supreme or supreme extended range to pattern in his chokes, but mine does much better with Hevi-Shot #6's. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Found out a little more today, b/c my bro-n-law has his 870 there now. He will build a custom choke for your gun, and pattern it to see which shells shoot the best out of it for $95. That's not a bad price, considering you'll spend between $50-100 on a good choke, and then you have to buy several different shells to see which one shoots best, and turkey shells aint cheap.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Get a couple of friends and each buy different brands of shells . This way you can all pattern your guns with the different brands and want be out as much money . Share until you find the load your gun likes .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts