Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of yall have already bought the new "squeal'n hen" or what ever they are calling it.  I'm sorry but i almost find that call a little offensive if you ask me.  What will they come up with next.  And no, I haven't got one........yet.  

·
Registered
773 Posts
Bow Hunter said:
How many of yall have already bought the new "squeal'n hen" or what ever they are calling it. I'm sorry but i almost find that call a little offensive if you ask me. What will they come up with next. And no, I haven't got one........yet.
I seen a fellow walking out of wally world with one the other day. I snickerd

·
Registered
3,459 Posts
Some of those hunting shows could actually gain respect of us real hunters, but HS has lost any respect I would ever have for them. Eddie Salter used to be a turkey hunter. Now, he is a sell out. That is garbage. I hope at the end of my days people do not say, Ol Ryan made a lot of money, but he was a sell out. I do not understand why they don't draw the line, and not make crap up to dupe some dope!

·
Registered
112 Posts
ha, my buddy bought one. told him he could use anytime and as much as he wanted....... as long as he wasn't hunting with me

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
I have been turkey hunting for a long, long time and I have never heard a turkey squeal. So based on what little knowledge I have I think I will pass on this one.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It would normally make sense that because you have spent countless hours in the woods and never heard a hen doe this, that this is a call that wouldn't work. But you know, most people have never heard a doe bleat in the wild either. It probably is crap, but you never know.

BeardsAndBones said:
I have been turkey hunting for a long, long time and I have never heard a turkey squeal. So based on what little knowledge I have I think I will pass on this one.

·
Registered
69 Posts
DC1 said:
It's all about the money these days .
And there's people that will buy it up, no matter how flicted a product. The market is out there for such. Good for the economy.....I guess.[unsure]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ol Eddie says if it would work for you 1 out of 10 times, wouldnt it be worth putting one in your pocket??  I didnt buy the sales pitch or the call.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw this call last weekend at the NWTF show and was a little turned off by the price of $21.00, I have alot of respect for Eddie Salter, he is a super nice guy and a heck of a turkey hunter, I understand the nature of the business is to have a new product that has consumer appeal, but I have to feel that alot of bird's will still hit the ground without this call in your vest

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
BeardsAndBones said:
+ 1 . if i happen to come across a guy in the woods that has one, i'll politely ask if he has really ever heard a hen "squeal" in the wild.. wait for his answer then politely laugh my butt off as i'm walkin away

+ 1 bout eddie salter and the money issue

·
Registered
9,755 Posts
I think alot of these folks who think they hear a hen squealing are actually hearing Lngberd make those joyful sounds after he bushwhacks a wiley ol gobbler. I agree it is indeed a very rare sound.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts