Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of yall professional trappers had any luck with the **** cuff, lil grizz ext type dog proof traps. Been thinking about getting back into trapping as a hobby and was wanting recommendations on these dog proof traps.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I've been thinking about getting rid of some racoons with this type trap also.  Boss Buck Feeders has one that looks interesting.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm not a pro, but I've never messed with the **** cuffs. If you think you might want to go after other critters, I would go with the MB-550-RC from Minnessota Trapline products. It's a top end all around foothold trap, from ***** to yotes. They are already modified with the latest and greatest tweaks.

·
Registered
9,755 Posts
In my opinion all of the dogproof traps are way overpriced and don't work nearly as well as a regular coilspring. I've used them and caught ***** with them but don't care for em at all. For **** trapping it's hard to beat a Duke #1.5.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I just got a couple lil grizz and a couple of trap masters (they are very similar but about half the price) from cumberlands northwest trappers supply. Best price I could find and they had them in stock. Haven't heard anything but things on both. May cost more but you don't have to worry about catching dogs and cats (if you bait with marshmellows).

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
dublelung said:
In my opinion all of the dogproof traps are way overpriced and don't work nearly as well as a regular coilspring. I've used them and caught ***** with them but don't care for em at all. For **** trapping it's hard to beat a Duke #1.5.
Did Blaine pay you to say that.....

Hello ole boy, and be very, very careful because....I"M BACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Lil Grizz is a neat trap that works well. I turkey hunt on the guy's property that invented them in Lynn, Missouri. I talked with his father-in-law last night, and I did not realize they were making and selling as many as they are now.

·
Registered
9,755 Posts
Billy303 said:
dublelung said:
Did Blaine pay you to say that.....

Hello ole boy, and be very, very careful because....I"M BACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!!
Actually he did pay me, but Blaine's cheap. He didn't pay very well. It's good to see you back around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts