Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Dang good idea

4384 Views 15 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  boo
This is a pretty good idea, may take some practice but I think it would work. Especially for the guys that are using the muddy/lone wolf sticks packing them in a long way. I'm gonna make some

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
That's cool. I needed something so I could get a little higher with my muddy sticks. That is a cheap fix. And doesn't add any weight.
That's cool. I needed something so I could get a little higher with my muddy sticks. That is a cheap fix. And doesn't add any weight.
Yea. Another couple feet would be nice and that's easy and light. I'm gonna make some
I will be making some to.
That is cool, I saw the ones he was talking about on AT. I will most likely build me some this year as well.
Take it back to front cause I am ordering my stuff next week.
I do the single rope step on my lonewolf sticks. I just do it on the bottom one and with it and the other three I'm get 20' without having to over stretch.
Awesome idea, thanks for posting. Definitely gonna do this
I built mine today and yesterday. I used over 50 ft of webbing and 60ft of 5mm rope. That allowed me to do 1 double step for my muddy sticks and the rest I did single steps on the other 3 muddy sand 3 summit rapid rails. I should be able to get up to the 15ft to 20 ft range on any tree now.

See less See more
Well I did the double loop fo my bottom step and a single for the rest of the steps on my muddy and I am at least 25 ft up now I will take a pic wed after I put a arrow through something.
I used the at thread also this 5 foot aider from Amazon was around 35$

Puts the first stick around 7 ft
I will say practice at the house before you try it in the woods!
See less See more
I spent about $40 and did two different sets of sticks. I will take pics of the sets in trees the next couple of days as long as there still there when I get back to them.

Looks good!!
Here is my setup. Anywhere from 23 to 25ft.

See less See more

That's what I use with my setup. I made the homemade version and didn't like it. Good idea though...
1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.