Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took Mitt and my boy for a mid day round from 2-4. Squirrels were not moving at all but Mitt was treeing the layups left and right. Killed 11 but 1 got in a hole so 10 for supper in a few days. I hope to get to hunt Mitt a lot over Christmas break. He is in his prime as a 6 year old and I owe it to him to let him do what he loves while he is still feeling young. I wish I knew how many I’ve killed to him in the last 6 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Great job on all accounts macpappy! I am glad to here you plan to eat them too! If you have never heard of this(or if you have[biggrin]) before you cook them cut the muscles loose from the tendons and the meat will be much more tender! It prevents them from drawing up when cooked! I was skeptical until I tried it!

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice...what's the breeding on your feist?
Jim's Man Rock x Trixy. Both local Mississippi dogs. I got lucky and Mitt turned out to be a freak in the squirrel woods. I also have a 4 month old puppy Im ready to get started...his sire is Gr World Champion Drakes Creek Dexter x Sq Ch Zena. I hope to find a couple females to breed Mitt to. He has only sired one litter and all made tree dogs by 1 year old.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts