Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a used Bear takedown recurve last year but didn’t hunt with it very much. Decided to use it this year along with wood arrows. Built a nice set of PO cedar arrows and topped them off with 145gr Ace heads. Got a chance to break it in Saturday morning when this doe gave me a 21yd broadside shot. Arrow ended up in the dirt behind her and she went about 100yds before collapsing. Bow is 48lbs at my draw and the arrows weigh 550gr. Pretty pleased with the performance. Got to break in my new Custom Shop built Buck 110 too!

Attachments

·
Registered
297 Posts
I love my Bear Take-down. I've killed several animals with it this year with both zwickey's heads and the only reason I did not use the Bear Olive heads is sometimes I don't think I can get them straight enough on the wood shaft because they don't have a good point to spin the arrow with. If you know a better way let me know. Good job with the deer. It never gets old seeing these traditional kills.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.