Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How does someone go about applying for a draw hunt?

I’m looking to expand my hunting options and with the recent MDWFP monthly email talking about draw hunts it got me to thinking.

I have zero knowledge on the application process. Do you just submit your name and they pick where you going or do you have to apply/pick the place yourself and hope you get drawn? I’ll look around more on the MDWFP website for more info also. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Go to MWFP website or app, select field guide, then select wildlife management, then scroll down until you see additional resources, then select "WMA Draw Hunts".

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Go to MWFP website or app, select field guide, then select wildlife management, then scroll down until you see additional resources, then select "WMA Draw Hunts".
Will do, thanks bud!

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
With MS being able to sell lottery tickets now I figured they may charge a small fee for each application like they did a few years back. I’m pretty sure the reason they quit charging was because it was considered a lottery. It would definitely give MDWFP a little more money to do something productive.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I would pay a small fee to apply if there was some sort of points system. Totally random isn't worth the money though.

·
Administrator
8,617 Posts
With MS being able to sell lottery tickets now I figured they may charge a small fee for each application like they did a few years back. I’m pretty sure the reason they quit charging was because it was considered a lottery. It would definitely give MDWFP a little more money to do something productive.
I am surprised they haven't started back with the app fee too. If nothing else, it might help prevent people from applying for tons of hunts that they really don't intend to attend.

·
Registered
5,448 Posts
Discovered a few of these wums in my elk plots this afternoon!!
I hope they're something left by the time I get there to tend to them tomorrow afternoon.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I called in and they had an IT glitch. Should work now. I drew for 12/3-5. What are your dates?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts