Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was drawn for Canemount in December and can’t access the page to make my payment. Also, any help with hunting the area would be very helpful.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
its bluffs of mostly hardwoods and patches of kudzu in certain zones. some plots. more in some zones than others. ive been to a few draws there. its hit or miss....there seems to be a lot of praise about the place because the first couple of years it opened it racked up a lot of big deer very quick, but that time has passed. big deer are still killed there, but you either have to be lucky or hunt hunt hard or both....heck I drew a rut rifle hunt in 2018 the first 3 days of the new year and a deer wasn't killed on the entire place in any zone those 3 days. teen temperatures probably didn't help but there wasn't a lot of big deer in the books for that season. I hate its a costly draw, but I reckon it has to be, otherwise it would get obliterated. Its a fun time regardless. typical big hill country style hunting in the woods. killing a doe shouldn't be an issue if you are interested in that...but lets be honest that's not why we go there. good luck. be prepared for tough terrain depending on the zone, and I would hunt close to sign and thick stuff. If there is one super positive thing I can say about the place...its some of the best mechanical deer sign ive seen anywhere in the country...which can be very misleading on hunting the right spot. if you are used to Mississippi hunting....go with your gut. the deer there aren't free lol

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I pulled the dates of Dec 21-22 in zone 2 so I think it will be prime time. Heard good things about the place. I feel lucky to go to a place like that and have had some hill country hunting under my belt. Appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. Not a lot of that going on on this forum anymore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts