Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Better Late than never. We have started dredging the upper Davis bayou. Currently we are one rig making round trips. As Lake Mars finishes up we will have a rig stay in Davis with multiple barges coming to it. (1 month at least)

Details: Pic below hopefully
50' wide at 7' below mlw(mean low water)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Nice! I was in the Tracker Bass Boat that passed you guys coming in on Tuesday. What's your opinion on how long to wait before trying to fish out there again? I know its going to muddy the water up a good bit. Thanks for the updates!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Clearing up

I guess that depends on how closely you follow the fish(we have a customer,and good friend, at the BaitBox that follows trout very closely). My captain usually catches fish while I'm digging. He ll back the boat up 200 ft or so. As far as the the muddy water, half hour with average conditions.

When we get our "full" set up, I usually stay on the barge 24/7. I tend to have a habit of digging a hole every evening and setting up stadium lights over it and its never taken very long for anything to show up.

·
Registered
2,684 Posts
hmm, I am the big guy in the Red and White cajun that has come pass you guys since you came into the mouth of Davis.

You give me a heads up when you are going to setup you light and I will bring you a thermos of fresh ground Costa Rican Coffee!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Roger That! The rig will be there in 22 days, but I ll be running with the material barge. Roughly 40-60 days we ll have multiple material barges running to the rig and I ll stay on it. If you see a blue nitro tied to it I'm there. The barge will always have yellow caution lights but she ll be lit like a Christmas if I'm on her sleepin or not.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scope of Job

This is just 1 of 3 we will be dredging. We ll eventually dig Simmons and stark along with some of the main. Almost a years worth. We Just can't dredge them in order due to the red streaked turtle and a couple gopher turtles. Then they ll be a break for the spawn(usually is).

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Thanks for the update Bud! Mighty nice of you to share the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.