Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Fellow Yakers

1K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  EasyPaddler 
#1 ·
I love flounder gigging and I enjoy fishing from my kayak. I may have just found the perfect solution. I wanted to share this with all my fellow yak anglers out there. Too cool!

#3 ·
I was starting to wonder if my posts were messed up on here. I haven't gotten much feedback from my posts lately and wasn't sure if they were showing on here or something. So, I stopped posting as much and getting all of my ducks in a row for going overseas gets pretty overwhelming at times.

#4 ·
The Bull hasn't been jumping a lot lately with the fishing slowed down such as it is. It is nothing with your posts just good ole dog days I guess. You were asked about just the other day and we figured you were trying to get in as much family time as possible in the months you have before deploying.

#7 ·
I wouldn't be sitting in the Big Rig I'd be standing and polling myself along. The Big Rig is 37" wide, I stand in that thing all the time and I LOVE it.

#11 ·
That's a pretty nice rig. I wouldn't be able to do it mine because it's only 30 inches wide. Definitely faster than a wider yak but I tried standing once and it felt like standing on a log about to roll over.

Those fernco couplings work really well especially at low pressure applications like that. If installed right you could avoid glue and have a pretty easy system to maintain.

#16 ·
Standup Yak

I can recommend a Wavewalk kayak (wavewalk.com) to stand and paddle, or fish, or gig flounder, or most anything else in relative safety from a kayak. It is a catamaran type that weights about 60lbs. I have owned mine about 4 years and have been very happy with the stability and comfort. Windy days no longer mean staying at home (within reason of course). I would be happy for anybody to try it schedules permitting.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.