Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. I'm looking at buying my first fishing Kayak and wanted your opinion on one I've found at a decent price. It's the Emotion Stealth 11 Angler kayak. Everything I've found so far on it has been very good and for under $400, it's in the price range I'm looking for. Ya'll got any comments on this one?
Thanks

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hey guys. I'm looking at buying my first fishing Kayak and wanted your opinion on one I've found at a decent price. It's the Emotion Stealth 11 Angler kayak. Everything I've found so far on it has been very good and for under $400, it's in the price range I'm looking for. Ya'll got any comments on this one?
Thanks
I'm not sure how comfortable that seat will be, but if you're not planning to spend long periods of time in it, it may be fine. Personally, I'd look at Craigslist for a used one. I just checked in Gulfport and Jackson and didn't see anything great, but I've seen some excellent deals in the past. I would have bought mine used except it was a new model at the time and there were no used ones on the market yet.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
few things to figure out. do you want a sit on vs a sit in. does it track well for the money.....how far do you plan on paddling because if it doesn't cover a decent distant per stroke of the paddle your gonna be paddling your guts out. whats the storage like. dry box vs no dry box. unfortunately the only way to really figure out what you are truly looking for is to start out with a cheap kayak..... i figured i don't go enough to ever desire to upgrade to a better yak in the future, but after spending the summer in a relatively cheap one, i think i will upgrade by next year. also some particular brands of kayaks have more accessories available for them on websites like yak gear. i have a field and stream brand from dicks.....they virtually make nothing for it, so anything i want to do to it i pretty much have to rig it up and rivet it on myself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.