Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

gopro video from yesterdays island wade

3K views 26 replies 11 participants last post by  wild bill 
#1 ·
Thanks to those of yall that helped with some info on how to do this. I didnt get fancy with anything just made a simple single video out of the bits and peices. But i will be getting my own go pro soon and be playing around with a lot more videos.

#17 ·
It's definitely been done. Seen multiple people out there with no mothership. Granted 7-8 miles is nothing to do alone or on a day with any chance of rain or any substantial wind or seas. You would definitely want food, water and a VHF with someone ready to come grab you if needed.

Guys with the hobies in Florida, especially the pro angler will go eight miles pretty regularly. Takes a certain kind of crazy but can be done.

#9 ·
Good video but I noticed something. Not one person there had a utility float. Go to Home Depot and get a mortor mixing tub. They are black tubs about 2 ft x 3 ft and a little less than a foot high. Tie a pull rope to one end and you have the perfect cheap utility float to carry extra tackle and hold your rod while you are unhooking a fish or changing out your terminal gear.

#14 ·
Im like troutman. I like to keep it simple. Stringer and net. Then an extra jig head or 2 on the side of my visor and an extra skitterwalk and mirrodine hooked on the bill and put a few each of my favorite color plastics in a bag in my pocket. But lets see some pictures. Ill give anything a try.

#16 ·
Good stuff. Think I will pick up a few for icing down fillets while I clean fish. The cheapie plastic bowls I use tear up too easily.

#18 ·
Good stuff. Think I will pick up a few for icing down fillets while I clean fish. The cheapie plastic bowls I use tear up too easily.
Chief, that is an awful big tub for icing down fillets. As an alternative, get yourself one (or more) meat lugs. Those are the grey plastic totes that butchers use. You can get them at any decent restaurant supply house or even on Ebay. I use one to make deer sausage with. They are very smooth which helps with sanitation.

#26 ·
Bill, I had my noodles set up a little differently. I ran a rope though the noodles and secured them underneath the rim - kind of like an independent life preserver ring. Either way, I think we were having the same general idea.

They do work great don't they? Best of all, they're cheap.

#27 ·
Well it looks like a string of barges when I go wade fishing. I have the basket, a dip net and my float tethered to my waist. But there is a method to the madness. It's more of a wade fishing system. Most of us have the same gear it's just putting it all together.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.