Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the most effective way of getting rid of ground moles? My cats and dog do a pretty decent job but I am still seeing the ground trails.

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
The moles use the same runs so just lightly tamp one down some and set your trap there. The next time it comes through it'll trigger the trap and no more mole.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The moles use the same runs so just lightly tamp one down some and set your trap there. The next time it comes through it'll trigger the trap and no more mole.
Great! I noticed that where I had smashed the ground back in that a mole had been back through there. I'm gonna get me a few of those traps.

·
Registered
409 Posts
The most effective way is to control what they eat. Take away their food source and they leave.
Imidacloprid and Permethrin. Some just use the Imidacloprid

Your neighbors might not like you afterwards thou, cause they have to move on to somewhere else.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the same problem this year. I went to Home Depot and found "Goffer Gasser". It is basically a smoke bomb that you stick into the hole and it sends poison gas throughout the tunnel. Don't know how effective it is, but it IS fun to use.

I haven't seen any more mole trails; But then, they just might have gone to the neighbors yard.

·
Registered
68 Posts
The Motomco mole killer that looks like earthworms worked well for us.
HTML:
www.motomco.com/pdf/labels/101-motomco_mole_killer_worm.pdf
Our yard looked was covered in tunnels. Put a box of the "worm" in various tunnels. No Moles. We did see several ant mounds appearing over the tunnels after about a week after putting out the worms.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts