Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally hunt dove with my 12 gauge pump only because Ive always used it since I was a kid and it was given to my by my dad. It kicks like a son of a gun and my shoulder is sore as **** the next day. This year I have a torn, I think rotator cuff and need something that isn't gonna kick quite as hard. Any recommendations? I may not be able to shoot at all or shoot left handed. I bought a brace today for my shoulder and it has an ice pouch on it. Im fixing to start icing it down and hopefully I will be able to shoot by then. Need a recommendation on a bird gun that doesn't kick so hard. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
+1 on the 2 3/4 20 ga. auto. The shoulder operation is a breeze. The therapy to get full rotation back is MURDER! Good luck....

·
Registered
7,075 Posts
I have a Stoeger 3020 auto that is very easy on the shoulder
started shooting it after having open heart surgery a couple of years ago

·
Registered
770 Posts
There are countless "right" answers to this question, but for me the answer has always been the same: any really good gas-operated 12ga auto-loader with high-quality recoil pad shooting Rem or Win ~1250fps 7 1/2 shot. I used an old cheap Winchester 1300 and a 1400 for most of my dove-hunting life, and I never had any problem. I'm a big believer in recoil pads, and I always have 2-3 with me to choose from.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Browning B80. Mine is made in the 80's and you can shoot it with one hand. Virtually no recoil. When the doves are hot, the only thing sore at the end of the day is the barrel! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts