Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I normally hunt dove with my 12 gauge pump only because Ive always used it since I was a kid and it was given to my by my dad. It kicks like a son of a gun and my shoulder is sore as **** the next day. This year I have a torn, I think rotator cuff and need something that isn't gonna kick quite as hard. Any recommendations? I may not be able to shoot at all or shoot left handed. I bought a brace today for my shoulder and it has an ice pouch on it. Im fixing to start icing it down and hopefully I will be able to shoot by then. Need a recommendation on a bird gun that doesn't kick so hard. Thanks!

·
Registered
776 Posts
There are countless "right" answers to this question, but for me the answer has always been the same: any really good gas-operated 12ga auto-loader with high-quality recoil pad shooting Rem or Win ~1250fps 7 1/2 shot. I used an old cheap Winchester 1300 and a 1400 for most of my dove-hunting life, and I never had any problem. I'm a big believer in recoil pads, and I always have 2-3 with me to choose from.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.