Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got up early yesterday morning and Daniel and his dad Dr. Rick followed me to the Delta. They are some of my dear friends from FBC Madison. Daniel had never squirrel hunted with a dog before, and Dr. Rick hadn't been with one since high school. Squirrels didn't seem to stir very well in the morning, but we managed to get 4.

We ate lunch at the Onward Store, and Dr. Rick and Daniel decided to have their picture taken.

Dr. Rick headed home, and Daniel and I made an afternoon hunt by ourselves. Squirrels seemed to be stirring right at first, but they were sporadic after that. Killed 7, and let 1 get away.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
Looks like ya'll had a pretty good day. My wife and I ate at the Onward Store a couple weeks ago. They were some high priced burgers but they were mighty fine. It was our first time in the store since they renovated it. Very nice!

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks like ya'll had a pretty good day. My wife and I ate at the Onward Store a couple weeks ago. They were some high priced burgers but they were mighty fine. It was our first time in the store since they renovated it. Very nice!
It was good. I had the pulled pork sandwich; it was their special yesterday. It is much, much nicer than it used to be. Back when I first started going there, the back room wasn't even there.

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
Onward Store is some count! Love their bacon cheeseburgers and tamales.

Good hunt and great pics!

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Nice hunt Bain keep it up. I would like to provide the place for squirrel hunt for my 5 year old grandson this tear after deer season on my place,

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Nice hunt Bain keep it up. I would like to provide the place for squirrel hunt for my 5 year old grandson this tear after deer season on my place,
Limb, do yourself and the Grandson a favor and take a break from woodgoats! A morning or evenin or both right now will be a better squirrel hunt than February!!![thumbup][thumbup] The squirrels usually rut about the same time as deer and in Feb. you will have a lot of treeing on dens!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts