Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any one used Hawke scopes? I am looking at a 6x24x50 with 30mm tube and mildot reticle and I don't have the money for a super expensive scope right now. What are y'alls thoughts.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Has any one used Hawke scopes? I am looking at a 6x24x50 with 30mm tube and mildot reticle and I don't have the money for a super expensive scope right now. What are y'alls thoughts.
I do not have any experience with those scopes. If you're not set on that brand and you'll give an idea of your budget, I'll be glad to share my experience. I'm sure I'm by no means one of the optics experts around here, but I'd be surprised if many had tried the variety of brands I have over the past 20 years. I bet I've owned scopes from 10+ different manufacturers.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I just decided to put a Sig whiskey 3 on it until I decide exactly what I want. I can't see the crosshairs on most brands of scopes now, so I'll know it when I see it I guess. I don't think the scope builders care for my ageing eyes. I already had the sig scope so I'll save a little more. Mil-dot crosshairs are not heavy enough on most brands so I might end up sticking with the Sig.

·
Registered
776 Posts
I just decided to put a Sig whiskey 3 on it until I decide exactly what I want. I can't see the crosshairs on most brands of scopes now, so I'll know it when I see it I guess. I don't think the scope builders care for my ageing eyes. I already had the sig scope so I'll save a little more. Mil-dot crosshairs are not heavy enough on most brands so I might end up sticking with the Sig.
What is it about the Whiskey 3 you don't like? I have considered getting one for 2-3 years after a buddy of mine highly recommended them. He says the illuminated reticle has done more for his vision late in the day than any equipment change he's ever done.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love the whiskey 3, it's bright and clear. It is not illuminated and doesn't have the magnification I wanted, it's 3x9x50. I pulled it off a rifle I sold is the only reason it is not mounted. It has Tri-plex reticle which I really like I just wanted a good bit more magnification even though I probably don't really need it. Natchez has them in their sale catalog for around $140 for 3x9x50. I paid a bit more than that for mine 2 years ago.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have a Hawke on my crossbow and absolutely love it! I will not have ANYTHING else on this weapon. 2 different colors (red/green) with 5 levels of illumination for each color. Clear sight picture too. My deer last year was in the last few seconds (literally) of shooting light. It it weren’t for the reticles, I would not have taken that shot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.