Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone has asked me how much I would charge for painting saltwater jig heads and then how much would I charge to hand tie them. I dip heads in powder paint and cure them in an oven. This jig head is about 3/4 to 1" long (like a bullet). I'm not sure how many I could double dip in one container of paint so I am asking for help to determine about how much it would cost me to paint them. As far as the tying, he will supply the nylon for the tail. I would supply the thread and sealer for the neck. I appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
The only way to know is to do a few batches and see how long it takes you and how much it cost in materials. Do it at a fairly leisurely pace so that you aren't stressed.

My guess is that it would cost you way more in time than anyone would ever be willing to pay.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd like to make a few first. He just doesn't have the heads ready nor the skirt material. He wants to order that wholesale. That would be an easier way to see. Thanks for the idea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The only way to know is to do a few batches and see how long it takes you and how much it cost in materials. Do it at a fairly leisurely pace so that you aren't stressed.

My guess is that it would cost you way more in time than anyone would ever be willing to pay.
Your guess is right...I have owned Red Alert Lures for a very long time and it takes way too much time and investment to make jigs unless you have the industrial molds and such...

I paid for my custom molds, but someone else pours the lead...its the only way I can afford to use the jigs and they not cost more that all other components...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts