Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about fishing Sat morning, with this wind need to fish protected waters. Thought about Bay St Louis and launching at Henderson Point launch. Checked the place out at lunch today, never launched there before. New to fishing BSL too, but I will work my way around how hard can it be.

Anyone use that launch? Safe, no truck break-in's? Not much room to turn the boat around up near the launch. Any advice.

·
Registered
16,293 Posts
Well it does has a history of vehicle tampering and break ins. Been going on a few years but last winter it got pretty bad. I had one corner of the tool box on my truck pried up by some one (ones) trying to get into it while it was parked at the launch. A lady posted on facebook last winter that some one had stolen a bunch of stuff out of their truck. II have only had the one incident but if your wanting an honest answer then yes it does have a history. A grayish Toyoto car was seen at the launch when the lady and her husband got hit last winter. Like said it has a history of problems but I have not heard of anything so far this winter but it is just getting started so beware is all I can tell you. If you don't want to take the chance you may want to launch at the Henderson Point launch and run around there from there unless your in a little skiff with a small motor.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've launched there day and night, the day crowd seems fine to me but the night crowd can get colorful. Never had a problem either way, and I've seen DMR hanging around nearly every time I've been there at night.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Been out from there several times to fish the RR bridge. A few sketchy folks one time.....and 1 long conversation between me and them later, I was in the water. I was concerned then, but that's the only time I've felt weird there.

Rarely any other cars there when I go during the week.

·
Registered
16,293 Posts
I can only go by what I know has happened there in the past.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts