Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Very impressive patterns... They hit very hard as well. I would hate to see a dove or quail after being shot with a #7. You might find feathers, but I don't think it would be much meat left. Maybe "some joe" can try it out and let us know how the perform on "a dove or quail"... I tell ya, some people are "BRILLIANT"

·
Registered
81 Posts
DK27, from what I have seen those little #7's definately do hit with authority! Someone posted a pic on old gobbler of a H13 3.5" #7 shot at a piece of roofing tin and at 40 yards the pass-thrus were impressive. I agree, wouldnt be too much left of a dove after being hit with this stuff!

·
Registered
81 Posts
jbird22 said:
Good deal Bullseye...From what I have seen, you won't be disappointed!
Yeah Im gonna try the Rhino choke that I just got. Its .660 constriction which will be perfect for this shot I think.

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
olemossyhorns said:
This is what the Hevi 13 3 1/2 inch 2oz #6's did for me at 48 yards:
I shot the 6's last year for the first time and killed three birds with them. I was very pleased also. After trying the 7's I had to buy a couple boxes though.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
He didn't flop at all. He folded right up. I bought all of mine at Bass Pro in Memphis. I think hunter's haven in tupelo has them. They had them a while back. I've heard some amazing things about the nitro triplexes, but I haven't tried them. Let us know how they do.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I have a sx2 and have been messing around with a few shells trying to find the best one for my gun and choke. I tried some hevi-shot #6 today and they worked ALOT bette than anything else I have tried. At 40yds I had over 50 holes in the neck and head. I would imagine those #7's would do even better, huh

1 - 20 of 36 Posts