Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[confused] [confused] I got a call today from North Mississippi and was told that the hogs have turned the area under my feeder into a mud pit full of hog poooooo. Will this stop the deer from eating under it???? I was told to possibly put a fence around my feeder to keep hogs out. How high of a fence???? How wide???? Any other ideas????[confused] [confused]

·
Registered
911 Posts
borninbiloxi said:
[confused] [confused] I got a call today from North Mississippi and was told that the hogs have turned the area under my feeder into a mud pit full of hog poooooo. Will this stop the deer from eating under it???? I was told to possibly put a fence around my feeder to keep hogs out. How high of a fence???? How wide???? Any other ideas????[confused] [confused]
kill a couple of the hogs and sprinkle Timik on them. the others will eat the dead one and kill them too. continue this procedure . note it will kill all your dogs,coyotes,*****,buzzards,opossums,etc.anything else that eats it.

far as it running your deer off.. i seen deer that dont like hogs and i've seen them eating pretty close to each other ??

·
Registered
272 Posts
Maybe you should try to be an ethical hunter and quite BAITING (Feeding)the deer. We all know they can survive with out you BAITING (Feeding) them. Okay That was just a joke.

But I do have another really good idea. Go and take some shooting lessons from that guy that regularly makes 900 yard shots. He's awesome!!! HA! HA! HA!
DF I like your idea.

BB just make sure your neighbors don't have any animals loose for a while.

·
Registered
134 Posts
DF said:
kill a couple of the hogs and sprinkle Timik on them. the others will eat the dead one and kill them too. continue this procedure . note it will kill all your dogs,coyotes,*****,buzzards,opossums,etc.anything else that eats it.

Just a quick note for those that are not familiar with timik. This is HIGHLY illegal and will get you in BIG trouble with the FEDS!!

Gallagher fence website has plan for hog exclosure.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Z7 said:
shoot a few pigs, and they will leave your feeder for a while
I have tried and tried. I have night hogs[biggrin] .... I hunted 45-50 days on this property last year and only saw 2 hogs in the daylight but pictures every 2-3 nights. And thanks "jmb" for the web site. I got some good info from this site and sme others. Still looking for any ideas or personal info on feeder fences.......

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pulpwood725 said:
Maybe you should try to be an ethical hunter and quite BAITING (Feeding)the deer. We all know they can survive with out you BAITING (Feeding) them. Okay That was just a joke.

But I do have another really good idea. Go and take some shooting lessons from that guy that regularly makes 900 yard shots. He's awesome!!! HA! HA! HA!
DF I like your idea.

BB just make sure your neighbors don't have any animals loose for a while.
Since you are my friend and my BOSS I will choose my response to you wisely...[moon] [moon] !!!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
and just a side note to Df Mississippi has new pretty harsh laws against killing hunting dogs not to metion most dog men will do life for what they would do to you for poisioning there hunting dog

·
Registered
15,861 Posts
wise1 said:
and just a side note to Df Mississippi has new pretty harsh laws against killing hunting dogs not to metion most dog men will do life for what they would do to you for poisioning there hunting dog
Dont think many "HUNTING DOGS" are going to be eating on a rotting pig.
Get you a game camera with a flash on it, sit in a stand close by and when the flash goes off turn on a light and shoot the pigs, wont take long to slow em down.

·
Registered
911 Posts
wise1 said:
WISE1..
that was not meant to sound like someone should use it to kill a mans dogs.. i was just letting whoever know that it will kill everything.. i AM 100% against killing someones hunting dogs,pets etc. and 100% for the penalty one would recieve for doing such.

far as the comment about killing hogs with timik. i should not have posted that. it will kill them..it will also kill YOU... but it is illegal.. it's illegal to have in possesion if you don;t have a license i believe. ( some of you farmers may know ??)

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
TIMIK ----- That is HIGHLY illegal and will get you in BIG trouble with the FEDS!!

DF said:

far as it running your deer off.. i seen deer that dont like hogs and i've seen them eating pretty close to each other ??

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
borninbiloxi said:
They do it texas all the time. Remember, deer can jump, hogs can't...

1 - 20 of 33 Posts