Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
borninbiloxi said:
[confused] [confused] I got a call today from North Mississippi and was told that the hogs have turned the area under my feeder into a mud pit full of hog poooooo. Will this stop the deer from eating under it???? I was told to possibly put a fence around my feeder to keep hogs out. How high of a fence???? How wide???? Any other ideas????[confused] [confused]
Have gun and bow will travel.

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
DF said:
kill a couple of the hogs and sprinkle Timik on them. the others will eat the dead one and kill them too. continue this procedure . note it will kill all your dogs,coyotes,*****,buzzards,opossums,etc.anything else that eats it.

far as it running your deer off.. i seen deer that dont like hogs and i've seen them eating pretty close to each other ??
Dude, using timic for that is a huge federal offense, and you will have all kind of authorities on your tail about it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Just for the record....I am not gonna use Timic. #1 is illegal and #2 it will kill every other meat eatin critter in the woods. And knowing my luck, if I used it the hogs would all die on the front porch of my camp and would have to clean up the mess[biggrin] [biggrin]

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
borninbiloxi said:
Going north this week to put a fence up around my feeder. I just hope the deer will come back in there to feed after all the hog poooo and mess dries up.[confused] [confused]
The hogs are gonna tear your fence down..they know the feed is there now...move your feeder....[notagain]

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
gobbleking57 said:
The hogs are gonna tear your fence down..they know the feed is there now...move your feeder....[notagain]
Or, since they know the feed is there now, build that fence as a sturdy catch pen with a trap door and load up on pork. Since the pigs expect a free meal there already you have an excellent opportunity to catch a bunch.

·
Registered
199 Posts
You can hunt em at night but that will kill your dear hunting in that area. I started using the barrel feeders with the gravity feeders in the legs. Our Deer love em, our hogs hate em. Keep them full though or the hogs will flip em over.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Best thing to do is kill them dang hogs. Its harsh and hard to do but those things are like rats!

·
Registered
911 Posts
truth is if you got them bad.. you'll always have them.... unless you go on some sort of a MAJOR killing spree. i hunted a island that was about 3000 acres a little south of oceola arkansas for several years that a friend of mine owned.. we went up there and would kill on average 20-25 a day. normally we'd hunt 3-4 days a week until it got to hot for the dogs and we didn''t hunt during deer season with the dogs..just shot them when we wanted to.. i give up the day i talked to the old man that grew beans on the land and he told me they been killing hogs like that all his life and there were more now than ever. so thats why i say if you got them bad might as well live with them or find a new place to hunt. look on the positive side.. they eat good and are great target practice !

·
Registered
1 Posts
[confused] [confused] I got a call today from North Mississippi and was told that the hogs have turned the area under my feeder into a mud pit full of hog poooooo. Will this stop the deer from eating under it???? I was told to possibly put a fence around my feeder to keep hogs out. How high of a fence???? How wide???? Any other ideas????[confused] [confused Put 3 strands of razor wire 10 inches apart around legs deer will jump it .Pigs will hit it .

21 - 33 of 33 Posts