Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

How many of you......

2K views 17 replies 18 participants last post by  surehuntsalot 
#1 ·
Have taken a turkey with the bow? If you have not, have you thought about trying?

#6 ·
I'd love to try but like some of you it's hard enough with a shotgun let alone a bow.  I might try it if i get two birds and have an opportunity at a third.  I tried it up in Nebraska while deer hunting (they have a fall archery turkey season) but didn't have an opportunity at a longbeard. 

#8 ·
Got a bit ****y and took it a few times during just my second season of turkey hunting. Believe it or not I got a shot at a longbeard the second time I took it. I hit the bird but didn't recover him and it made me think twice about taking the bow again. Only time I remember taking it since was fall hunting on our land.

#9 ·
I have killed 3 but have laid off of bowhunting them the last few years because you have to hunt them different and its not my style.  I never hunted with a blind so you sometimes have to set up where you dont want too or more importantly you cant set up where you need to be.  I always felt accomplished when i stuck one but still theres no feeling like putting that bead on that head.

#10 ·
I've killed a couple with a bow.  Hunted just like I do with a shotgun.  Waited till they went behind a tree, drew, and when they came out released.  I shot the first one while on my knees and the second I was standing up with my back against a large tree.  If I get into some birds, I may try it again this year.  Oh, by the way the second one had a 11 3/4" beard and 1 3/8 spurs and was killed in a heavily hunted area.  I think if you have enough patience, it ain't that hard. 

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.