Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have been seeing a couple of humming birds at the feeders already. Noticed the first one over the week end. So, if you like watching them it's time to get those feeders out. Seems early to me, but the azaleas and some other flowering plants are already showing off around here.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
My wife loves em and prides herself on making the best juice mix around. We noticed the first one of spring today at the feeder. I wish I still had the video of a september day 2 years ago when they were on their way south. I bet it was 40 of em swarming the feeder. Pretty cool little critters.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I’m in south GA, but we had our first about 3 weeks ago. They seemed to take up residence this week though. Heard the first hooded warbler this year on Tuesday.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hummers

First one arrived today. According to our calendar, he landed one day later than the first arrival last year. Like to watch the little guys. Sometimes 200 at a time buzzing the 10 feeders. Keep telling my wife the ATF guys may show up any day looking for a "still" because she buys so much sugar.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
My wife loves em and prides herself on making the best juice mix around. We noticed the first one of spring today at the feeder. I wish I still had the video of a september day 2 years ago when they were on their way south. I bet it was 40 of em swarming the feeder. Pretty cool little critters.
Would love to get her recipe for my wife. she loves feeding them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts