Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking to upgrade some hunting clothes and wanting to know what y’all have experience with and like. There’s a ton of brands and the prices on some items are just nuts! I hunt southwest MS so not crazy cold temps. As of now my only “name brand” set I have is a pair of scent loc paints and zippered jacket. With that being said what do y’all recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
678 Posts
For quality without the highest premium price I like NOMAD. Also if I were you I would checkout camo fire daily deals. I have purchased alot of nice stuff from there. Also to be honest 75% of the time I just wear my Merino wool baselayer shirt with a hoodie or vest. For deer hunting I don't particularly worry about camo I just try to match what I have to the temperature outside. For turkey hunting I like bottomland camo. I just have a couple pair of pants and a tech shirt. Same here is I do have a fleece zip up jacket I will wear if its a cooler morning during turkey season.

·
Administrator
8,624 Posts
Nomad and Drake have some good deals.

Even more so when they close out a line at the end of the year. Both of them have a bargain cave or special deals section on their website and they often have 10-20% off for first time buyers. You can also check for them at Sierra Trading Post and Wingsupply.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe Nomad will be the brand of choice. Thanks fellas!

Any specific pieces to get? I’m horrible at ordering something without actually seeing it in person. I am thinking their Harvester pants and jacket. Any other pieces to check out? I do hunt out of a climber/loc-on a decent amount if that info helps.

·
Registered
678 Posts
The harvester collection will be great for cold weather. Last year I bought a pant when they were closing out items. It was 1/2 off ($160) so I paid $80. I’m a tightwad so I had a hard time buying them for $80. Looking at the description my pants are very similar to the barrier pant. I have hunted out of this pant a lot this year and love it. It flexes but it’s a tough and quite material. Zippered pockets which are a huge plus for me as most times I leave my wallet in the truck and put my license in back pocket. Also there’s 2 zippered vents which helps tremendously when it warms up to 60 degrees later in the morning. Also the microfleece lining is super comfortable. I’d imagine they will have a Black Friday sale so check there website.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The harvester collection will be great for cold weather. Last year I bought a pant when they were closing out items. It was 1/2 off ($160) so I paid $80. I’m a tightwad so I had a hard time buying them for $80. Looking at the description my pants are very similar to the barrier pant. I have hunted out of this pant a lot this year and love it. It flexes but it’s a tough and quite material. Zippered pockets which are a huge plus for me as most times I leave my wallet in the truck and put my license in back pocket. Also there’s 2 zippered vents which helps tremendously when it warms up to 60 degrees later in the morning. Also the microfleece lining is super comfortable. I’d imagine they will have a Black Friday sale so check there website.
Thanks peewee for the info.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts