Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the guy that dicked with my trail camera on a WMA yesterday afternoon at 2:30, I have your picture. So does the game warden with you not wearing orange!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will wait until I check it tomorrow. I got his picture then 5 mins later another picture but the cam had been slightly moved to the right and has not communicated since. So we will see. If it's gone you can bet the picture will be posted.

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Cellular camera on public land.. You a braver man than I am! Very surprised how many cellular cameras people are putting out on public land now days. Some of the ones i've found have been in some easy to find places (greenfields, close to parking, etc.) and not even locked up. I let them take my picture so hopefully the owner will panic and come get them before the wrong person stumbles upon them.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
I will wait until I check it tomorrow. I got his picture then 5 mins later another picture but the cam had been slightly moved to the right and has not communicated since. So we will see. If it's gone you can bet the picture will be posted.
theres nothing you can legally do about someone tampering with your camera on public land.....doesn't matter if he steals it. sucks, but its the risk you take

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
Cellular camera on public land.. You a braver man than I am! Very surprised how many cellular cameras people are putting out on public land now days. Some of the ones i've found have been in some easy to find places (greenfields, close to parking, etc.) and not even locked up. I let them take my picture so hopefully the owner will panic and come get them before the wrong person stumbles upon them.
not enough service on any public I hunt to even use a cell camera unfortunately.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
theres nothing you can legally do about someone tampering with your camera on public land.....doesn't matter if he steals it. sucks, but its the risk you take
False! I had 2 stolen earlier this year by the same person. I had their picture just before they turned it off. Some people knew who they were. They were actually forestry workers/students. I got my cams back. Game warden told me if it didnt get resolved I could press charges. Theft is theft, makes no difference if it's public land or not.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
How do you prove they took it?? I know of people who have pictures of poachers etc and nothing was done. Good old boy system is alive and well in many places regardless of how hard the wardens work. I could cite a bunch of examples. Makes it hard for a warden to want to do their job. Unless you have the new cams with GPS and shows cameras at the thief’s house all they have to do is deny. A picture of them on the cam I highly doubt would hold water in court. Seen several deny a lot worse and had the gal to try and press harassment charges against landowners over trespass charges. I mean it’s 2020 so it’s crazy

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
False! I had 2 stolen earlier this year by the same person. I had their picture just before they turned it off. Some people knew who they were. They were actually forestry workers/students. I got my cams back. Game warden told me if it didnt get resolved I could press charges. Theft is theft, makes no difference if it's public land or not.
Nobody is responsible for personal property left on public land except you. I don't think stealing somebody elses camera is cool by any means. But, I don't see how you could prove it, personally. I guess being a cell camera you may have a leg to stand on....but it takes time and effort to prosecute somebody, perhaps more time and effort than the value of a camera. anybody that gets their picture taken while in the act of stealing a camera is an idiot and a rookie at best.....

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I know where one is. Saw it on draw hunt. It’s on federal to think about it. Which is illegal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nobody is responsible for personal property left on public land except you. I don't think stealing somebody elses camera is cool by any means. But, I don't see how you could prove it, personally. I guess being a cell camera you may have a leg to stand on....but it takes time and effort to prosecute somebody, perhaps more time and effort than the value of a camera. anybody that gets their picture taken while in the act of stealing a camera is an idiot and a rookie at best.....
I'm gonna say idiot. Not only got their picture taken while stealing it but left a surveyor ribbon on a tree right beside it with their initials and date on it.
So proving it wasn't a problem and their boss was not happy.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts