Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who owns this website/forum or who benefits financially or otherwise from it as a business. Looks suspiciously close to being a clone set up by MDWFP

·
Registered
224 Posts
Oh lord. Here come the conspiracy theories.
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
97 Posts
How can someone benfit financially when there is no source of revenue? Did you pay a joining fee? I didnt

Gar Hole said:
Who owns this website/forum or who benefits financially or otherwise from it as a business. Looks suspiciously close to being a clone set up by MDWFP

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Gar Hole said:
I think that was the point to provide us with a place that was as similar as possible to what we were losing. Hopefully better. It seems as if the webmaster of the old site set this one up. At least that's what I gather from other posts. I don't have a problem with it. Hopefully he can make some money on it, I'm sure he has put a lot of work into it.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
jmayfield said:
How can someone benfit financially when there is no source of revenue? Did you pay a joining fee? I didnt
Gar Hole said:
Advertising?

·
Administrator
8,595 Posts
jmayfield said:

Gar Hole said:
Exactly. I am just happy there is a place for everyone to come, hang around and discuss outdoor stuff. If some fella offered you 100 acres to hunt with your friends, would you demand to know who he was and what financial gain he was receiving for letting you in free?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Where? I havent seen any

MS Sportsman said:
jmayfield said:
Gar Hole said:
Advertising?

·
Premium Member
8,112 Posts
Not that it really matters...it is privately owned and was privately funded...and started by the old civilian mods...true the old site was used as a model for this one...

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
I heard some dude name alpha male was getting 50 cents for every hit on this site. He was a big crossbow supporter and was using the money to push his agenda.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I was curious about the ownership also. True, it doesn't really matter but it is nice to know who the ultimate boss is. I'm gonna assume its ok to make suggestions. I think the other site was so heavily moderated that it almost discouraged debate on some issues. I understand that it is a slippery slope and some folks were so confrontational and disrespectful that it required a heavy hand. I would ask the powers that be to consider a little more leeway under certain circumstances and see how it goes. I am a member of www.ducksouth.com and it is a well run site that doesn't shut the door on colorful discussion until it gets out of hand. Thanks for setting up the site.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
Timberjack said:
I was curious about the ownership also. True, it doesn't really matter but it is nice to know who the ultimate boss is. I'm gonna assume its ok to make suggestions. I think the other site was so heavily moderated that it almost discouraged debate on some issues. I understand that it is a slippery slope and some folks were so confrontational and disrespectful that it required a heavy hand. I would ask the powers that be to consider a little more leeway under certain circumstances and see how it goes. I am a member of www.ducksouth.com and it is a well run site that doesn't shut the door on colorful discussion until it gets out of hand. Thanks for setting up the site.
you better put your big boy pants on if you start talking smack over there

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
jmayfield said:
Where? I havent seen any
MS Sportsman said:
jmayfield said:
Gar Hole said:
Advertising?
The site has only been live for a day and a half. I was just speculating, but that's pretty much what funds most websites. I can't say if they will or won't sell ad space. I was just answering the question as to how someone could benefit financially.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts