Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else putting in for this year. I put mine in yesterday and have a trip scheduled for the week of Halloween if the stars align. My brother and I are putting in as a group draw for the trip. First time putting in, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Good luck!
I’m sitting out this year. I’m leaving for a Manitoba bear hunt next month and a limited draw (with some luck) elk hunt this fall.

I should be able to draw Iowa next year so likely will be 2024 before I plan to try to get back to Kansas

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't wait to read your stories about your trip. Always enjoy living hunts through them. Best of luck and stay safe!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
Thanks fedguy2007. I haven’t thought too much about doing daily updates on the bear hunt; but I don’t see why not.

Are you and your buddy’s going with an outfitter or perhaps going on public?

Can be very hot or very cold and windy that week. Your sort of pre-rut that week. Most of Kansas the rut is really kicked in about November 7th through 14th as a general rule. It’s like a switch gets turned on

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We'll be going with a outfitter in Haddam, KS. We'll be there Oct 31 - Nov 6 if we draw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts