Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My brother and I arrived in Kansas around noon Sunday along with 3 other MS hunters. I was able to hunt that afternoon and had a good sit and saw 11 doe and 2 small bucks. With the temps dipping in to the high 30’s that night there was excitement in the air the first morning hunt. Shortly before daylight I had one of the small bucks from the previous afternoon cruise by my stand and off in to the cut soybean field. Around 7:40 I glanced to my left down into a small thicket and saw a buck walking out in to the small pasture. With him coming up hill to me, I had to be very cautious getting my binoculars up. I quickly realized he was one of the shooters our outfitter had talked about. He quickly closed the distance and jumped the fence within 10 yards of me. I was able to get drawn and he gave me a slight quartered away shot at about 12 yards. A perfectly placed Grim Reaper and my hunt was over quicker than I wanted it to be. A short track job and I had my first Kansas buck tagged. Now just have to hang out at camp and hope my brother tags one soon.
Plant Sky Hunting Deer hunting Tree

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts