Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Living down south I never gave it much thought about how open and relatively flat Ks is. I have passed through there a couple times on my way to other destinations but never spent any time there.

The majority of my hunts this season so far the winds have been really calm here. I'm sure that will change shortly as the fronts start rolling through later in the season.

Good luck today.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I made my first ground blind bow hunt recently, didn't see anything but it was definitely different. I may make a couple more ground blinds for next year and give that more sit time. I need to invest in a good seat so I am more comfortable though.

Good luck today, hope you kill one. If not it still sounds like y'all had a fun trip.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I enjoyed following along on your hunt so thanks for posting it. This hunt reminds me of my 3 elk hunts in Colorado, we spent 2 weeks camped out on public land on each hunt and never loosed an arrow. Althought I never shot an arrow we had a great time. First hunt was with a friend but the second 2 were with my son and I wouldn’t trade that time for anything. My son almost had a shot on a big 5x5 on the second morning but the bull ran off after some cows.

Although you didn’t kill a deer the experience is always worth it. I want to make a hunt in either Oklahoma or Kansas in the next couple years.

Y’all have a safe trip home.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.