Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I only hunt squirrels. With Pascagoula WMA underwater and the fact I can’t find a squirrel in Little Biloxi WMA (open to suggestions) I’m thinking about trying Leaf River.
Any suggestions on a general area to hunt squirrels in the Southeast side of the area would be appreciated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Took the kid deer hunting there the last few weekends. We have seen a few squirrels along the Whisky Creek and Water Prong Creek within the WMA.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks bpitt. I drive up that way. (I still haven’t made it up the creek in Ward Bayou. Still flooded.)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Squirrel

Leaf Wilderness (app 1k acres) on hwy 57 (45 min n of Vancleave) has squirrels but rough hunting since Katrina. Have not been there in three years. Black creek wilderness west side of black creek @ cypress landing also good. North side hwy 26 @ black creek good. Red creek @ Ramsey Springs hwy 15 NE good. Most any branch in Red Creek WMA and DeSota Natl holds squirrels. Get down in the branch edge. Up higher, gall Berry's to thick.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks 007.
First day next week with no rain, I’m going up. I’ll let you know if I get a few.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts