Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Besides Primos (which I’ve yet to find recent deer hunts) who all has a YouTube channel where some of those hunts are filmed in MS?

I enjoy the heck outta “local” deer hunting channels and just looking for others to add to my playlist. Thanks!

PS- Do It Yourself Hunter (Jeremy) is a pretty good watch also, he seems like a good ole boy.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Besides Primos (which I’ve yet to find recent deer hunts) who all has a YouTube channel where some of those hunts are filmed in MS?

I enjoy the heck outta “local” deer hunting channels and just looking for others to add to my playlist. Thanks!

PS- Do It Yourself Hunter (Jeremy) is a pretty good watch also, he seems like a good ole boy.
It's not MS, but TN just north of the TN/MS state line: Catman Outdoors. He hunts very similar habitats to what many Mississippians do. Check him out. Cool guy. Good outsoorsman.

·
Registered
48 Posts
A good Youtube channel is Hollis Farms. They have land in Mississippi and Alabama. Great deer hunting videos, but they also have some land management type videos, racing videos, and fishing videos.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's not MS, but TN just north of the TN/MS state line: Catman Outdoors. He hunts very similar habitats to what many Mississippians do. Check him out. Cool guy. Good outsoorsman.
Thought I replied to this Jake but I guess I didn’t hit “send”. Yep I like me some Catman! Supposedly he just started hunting a few years ago.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A good Youtube channel is Hollis Farms. They have land in Mississippi and Alabama. Great deer hunting videos, but they also have some land management type videos, racing videos, and fishing videos.
Will check out Hollis Farms tonight as soon as my wife gives me the darn remote!!!!

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol, I thought people had to actually try and talk with ole boys accent! haha

Only watched a few of his vids last night so I’m just getting into it. Does he have a deer farm and I assume some of his kills would could from there correct?

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Lol, I thought people had to actually try and talk with ole boys accent! haha

Only watched a few of his vids last night so I’m just getting into it. Does he have a deer farm and I assume some of his kills would could from there correct?
Jason once ran a high fence hunting farm there but they quit that about 2 years ago. You may still see the high fence in his vids but he doesn't raise the deer nor offer the hunts anymore.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Jason once ran a high fence hunting farm there but they quit that about 2 years ago. You may still see the high fence in his vids but he doesn't raise the deer nor offer the hunts anymore.
Gotcha, I watched a few more of his vids last night. I like em!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jason is a great guy. He is recovering from neck surgery, but still does videos almost daily. If you look back , theres some great deer and turkey hunting videos there.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
the places catman hunts are of no comparison to what we are used to rancher. Ive been to both places. its a lot better there....and you know what im talking about. deer or turkey, similar terrain....but not similar in population density, pressure, or anything else. I don't care if it is public land. hes hunting a better place.

Reactions: msurussell

·
Registered
107 Posts
Small Town Hunting also has hunts filmed in Mississippi. All those guys used to work for Primos. I also found Longtine Outdoors have some MS hunts.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well I’m not any good at it but most of our hunts are in MS. All of the deer are. It’s real hunting and some videos don’t have any kills on it. We definitely don’t hunt places that are easy kills.
Name of channel is dead reckoning outdoors. It’s mostly just a place to keep our memories that doesn’t cost us any money to upload and save them.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts