Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to find something to spray at my lake house for mosquitoes and gnats. I have sprayed some stuff in the past that worked like a charm but I cant remember what it was. I have gotten some chemicals from farmers and they worked ok but not great. Anybody have some suggestions?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Thermacell makes a unit that runs off a propane tank. Thermacell's work great out to 10 feet or so. Once they get to smoking the mosquitos leave. Not sure about the gnats, but I suspect they will flee also.

·
Registered
331 Posts
mosquitos and gnats

Get you some of those cintronella torches. Only dont put the cintronella fuel in them. Put diesel fuel insted. Seriously. We use this on the river. Much cheaper.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If gnats get in your house, there is something in your house which may be attracting them to linger there. Common sources are fruit that has gone bad, over saturated house plants, compost piles and stagnant water.

1. Cleaning the house completely.
  2. Renewal conditioned rooms of the house, and a safe food.
  3. Fill holes and cracks with cement or gypsum.
  4. Cleaning dirty dishes and cooking utensils immediately after use
  5. Put nets or curtains or wire on the windows and doors.
  6. Getting rid of nats food Residues: Keep checking for potential food sources and eliminating them and remember to not leave leftover food on the table or in a food closet.
  7. Keep Covering your trashcans and garbage's: Keeping dirties of the house and other waste in a rubbish bin airtight lid with into account Fund cleansing between period and another.
  8. Make sure that you use fruit and vegetables before they go bad. As you've probably noticed, there's nothing that gnats like more than a good overripe banana or apple.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I run a spray system company call Mosquito Defense Solutions. We install a system that sprays twice a day and kills all insects it contacts. We will go anywhere in MS. check out mosquitodefensesolutions.com for more info.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts