Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After church we decided to make a quick mid day run to start tuning Mitt up for squirrel season. The mosquitos are TOUGH in the Pearl River swamps right now when it warms up into the 80's but man was it worth. My 7 year old missed several squirrels last year as they were timbering away from us but today one stop just a little too long and little man took care of supper. He made me fry him as soon as we got home. He ate him all by himself. I hope to make a short hunting video later in the year when I have more hunters.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
that's awesome! canebrakes are too bad around here to get the dog out before it cools off considerably...but i can't wait. a quick late evenin hunt and a mess of squirrels is a good time.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Awesome!!

My dad has quit squirrel hunting already. He's shot 7 and 5 were full of wolves.
does he hunt around cattle pastures?

we killed 130 this past weekend and 1 had a woolve in it. last year on opening weekend we killed more than that with 0 having them.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just dont kill many with wolves anymore. I think it has a lot to do with where you hunt.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts