Mississippi Hunting and Fishing Forums banner

Name Change

1262 Views 13 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  Capt. Chief
Just so no one gets too terribly confused;

I changed my screen name from ShooterChief to Capt. Chief.

We already have a couple of other "shooters," and SJ had mentioned a while back about getting "Capt." into my screen name.

Thanks for all of the help Morgan!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Cool now all I have to type when referring to you is Capt or CC.[biggrin]
[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]
You'll be confusing all us ex-military guys....specially if we served in an aviation unit that had CWO's and commissioned officers[confused][confused][confused]......of course that aint hard to do....confuse some of us i mean...
Once a Chief, always a Chief (except in the case of my late father-in-law who made Chief 3 times and retired a 1st class).
Once a Chief, always a Chief (except in the case of my late father-in-law who made Chief 3 times and retired a 1st class).
[rofl][rofl][rofl]

That wasn't such a strange thing back in the day.
You'll be confusing all us ex-military guys....specially if we served in an aviation unit that had CWO's and commissioned officers[confused][confused][confused]......of course that aint hard to do....confuse some of us i mean...
LOL! Actually, I went to a fellow Chief's retirement ceremony today. I was speaking to an old Shipmate of mine. I went the Chief route, while he went commissioned from E5. He was just informed that he picked up O6 (Captain in the Navy, Colonel in other branches), I jokingly told him "hmmm, I'm not even commissioned and I made Captain before you." We both got a good laugh out of it.
LOL! Actually, I went to a fellow Chief's retirement ceremony today. I was speaking to an old Shipmate of mine. I went the Chief route, while he went commissioned from E5. He was just informed that he picked up O6 (Captain in the Navy, Colonel in other branches), I jokingly told him "hmmm, I'm not even commissioned and I made Captain before you." We both got a good laugh out of it.
NICE ONE CHIEF!!!!!! [rofl][rofl][shootin] I got pushed out as an E-5 because of my back.....[angry] I really miss those days,
Great, glad your able, how'd you change name and keep # of post. I was told you couldn't.
Ahhh...Navy!..i was Army where most warrant officers were mainly helo pilots(we called em all "Chief"), it took me all 37 years of my 4 year enlistment to learn the Army ranks...i have no idea how Yall did it in the Navy[biggrin]
Great, glad your able, how'd you change name and keep # of post. I was told you couldn't.
I know it used to not be doable. But I think after the big software upgrade here a while back that changed (but not sure if that was why).
I PM'd an admin and he was able to do it for me.
I think your name should be Chief Capt. - just sayin'

Might be heading Chandy next Thursday night and staying thru Sunday...you should come on out. I'll let you know as we figure out the weather.
I think the name is apropos. Every Navy Chief thinks he is equal to the Captain.[laugh]
I think your name should be Chief Capt. - just sayin'

Might be heading Chandy next Thursday night and staying thru Sunday...you should come on out. I'll let you know as we figure out the weather.
Keep me posted Bro. I have clients on Friday, but you never know where the weekend may find me. [biggrin]
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.